11 August 2006

Mini-workshop

On Sunday morning there was a chance to do something different with another tutor. I chose to instantly become an abstract artist. Sue started us off tearing shapes out of colourful magazine pages and glueing them onto cartridge paper.Then we coloured in the empty spaces with oil pastels -- preferably Sennelier; we had a chance to compare various brands. No point in stinting on art materials - using them gives such pleasure. Time was short and we worked furiously, despite yet another day of heat.Then we cut up our colourful sheets of paper, and arranged them singly or in groups on sketchbook pages. I'd been discouraged at how gloomy my "purple" page turned out, but cutting it up utterly transformed it. And the other page had some good outcomes too.This is such a fun thing to do -- restores the spirit. Next time, hollow circles ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret - love the workshop pages! Your blog is one of my favorites and I check it often! I will be in London (despite the current news) from Sept 11-18. I there any type of fascinating workshop that you know of during that period? I'll be with a friend but we have no schedule, no timetable - just plan to enjoy London and all we can find to do! Please let me know - Martha Ann (will sign in as a blogger as soon as I can find my id and blogname - obviously haven't used it in a while!

The WestCountryBuddha said...

I'm so envious! This looks like great fun.

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed the report of the workshops, they all looked great fun.