20 July 2021

Drawing Tuesday - vehicles

   Today's topic is "a vehicle". Here's one dictionary definition

any means in or by which someone travels or something is carried or conveyed; a means of conveyance or transport: a motor vehicle; space vehicles. a conveyance moving on wheels, runners, tracks, or the like, as a cart, sled, automobile, or tractor.

But do consider this line of thinking 
a thing used to express, embody, or fulfil something.
"I use paint as a vehicle for my ideas"

Just for fun, here's Andy Warhol painting an art car in 1979 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-B6tYPVDHQ&ab_channel=BMWGeniusVideos - it's a 10-minute video, and it's a racing car.

And here's a more typical Warhol


Not sure if this is a metaphorical use of the word...



From Mags - This time last year I was putting together collaged 'maps' of my bikes submitted for ' Livingmaps: Dreaming of a post-Covid World ' ( later exhibited at Creek Creative). I had lots of bits leftover so I've been having a lovely time this morning trying different combinations. These are my 3 favourites but not yet decided which to stick in the sketchbook...




From Ann - An old jalopy against bushes..rust and all....a rare sighting...created in mixed media. 


From Sue K - Here’s my offering - caught in our path on a bicycle ride by the river in Dusseldorf - an army of tourists on segues - they blocked the path awaiting a late-comer. Rather surreal.


From Janet K - My father-in-law made this wooden truck for our kids. It must be about 30 years old. The neighbourhood kids now play with it.


From Carol - A vehicle used for a different purpose, drawn yesterday.  Helen should know where this is.


From Judith - Triumph car seen in Greenwich. Charcoal not the best medium to illustrate this beautiful car! 


From Janet B - I’m still in Blue Peter "here’s some I did earlier" mode but I hope to have time to do some new stuff soon. 
Here are two vehicles from the amazing Riverside Museum in Glasgow: a motorbike with a sidecar and a 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II. 



From Gill - I was very impressed by everyone’s drawings this week which made me feel rather inadequate!
So I thought I’d draw like a five year old just having fun. This is the view from my bedroom window.


From Joyce - Here is the smallest ice cream kiosk I have ever seen!
It came to our campsite last week in St.Ives, Cambridgeshire. The vendor was Italian and we were told the ice cream came from Italy. It was delicious! 




From Najlaa-


From me - Pigment pen; from a snap of a traffic snarl, Seven Sisters Road, amid a cacophony of toots from impatient drivers. 
Most of the cars were black, and it was a gloomy day, so the photo didn't show the details well - and I haven't paid attention, up to now, to what cars actually look like. 

Then I had a good look at my son's beloved car  -





Attachments areaPreview YouTube video BMW - Andy Warhol 'PAINTING' his BMW M1 Art Car - HD

No comments: