16 November 2021

Drawing Tuesay - Camden Arts Centre / "inside my clothes"

The topic of "inside my clothes" arose from a jacket whose inside has been under repair for several years. The lining keeps developing new rips, somehow... It would be easier in the long run to replace the lining but I'm rather fond of the patches - most have a memory attached, which makes wearing the jacket is psychologically cosy.

Also I find the labels inside clothes rather fascinating, and sometimes they are beautiful, the older woven ones especially. I used to have a considerable collection, carefully unpicked from many items of charity-shop clothing that, minus its seams etc, now constitutes most of my fabric stash. 

Then there are the contents of pockets... oh my, they can be a minefield!


Most of the group went to Camden Arts Centre -

From Joa left-handed drawing looking across the garden from under the cafe awning at Camden Arts Centre.


From Sue K - Here’s my sketch of ‘A pulled handle’ unglazed ceramic by Phoebe Colling-James show: ‘A Scratch! A Scratch!’ interesting shadows/shapes.



From Carol - I had difficulty getting inspired by the art at the Camden Art Centre but found the doors really interesting to draw.



From Janet K - Glazed ceramic torsos by Phoebe Collings-James.



From Joyce - Here’s my sketch from one of Zeinab Salem’s charcoal paintings. Part of a body of work meditating on the condition of stillness imposed by the pandemic. Part of her inspiration came from vegetal arabesques traced by leaves and tendrils.



From Judith - A lovely day so a quick sketch from the garden.



From me - Some of the characters (self portrait attempts, hardly likenesses!) who find themselves wearing my clothes ... different aspects of my personality?


No comments: