14 March 2007

Extreme applique

This started from an urge to (a) use some of my lovely, colourful thread and (b) run the machine at top speed - a substitute for driving a sports car?At first I did just lines of thread, but it took a while to cover the fabric, so I started adding scraps from the scrapbag - lame, velvet, silk, cotton, anything. And thin strips of sheers from the wastebasket (can't seem to throw anything away!)
Very satisfying to watch this grow and see what was needed next. But - how to make it into a quilt(let)? It's obviously not finished yet. Maybe it's one of those things that was pure pleasure to make, and wasn't really meant to be finished...

3 comments:

Joyce said...

It is beautiful. I love to see something made from scraps like that. Maybe a wall hanging?

jenclair said...

I really like this...even more knowing that it is emerging organically.

Liz Plummer said...

Lovely effects... it reminds me a bit of ikat weaving...