11 August 2007

Tagging

Annabel tagged me for "seven gardening things about me" and my first reaction was that I don't know seven people with gardening blogs who can be tagged, followed immediately by "hey I just don't DO chain letters - pyramid selling (or tupperware parties)" - but a moment's thought revealed both these reactions as churlish and contrary to the spirit of blogging. So, if I can break the chain by not tagging anyone at the moment, here are seven garden-related things that come to mind:

1. Because I live in an upstairs flat my garden consists of three (slightly illegal)windowboxes. Houseplants used to number 27 but are now down to 11, excluding the cuttings in water taking root, and a recovering orchid.

2. DSO's garden

has an ancient apple tree and equally ancient roses. Weeding round the roses can be a bit prickly, if not downright dangerous.

3. Some people are compulsive weeders and plant-movers, but not very interested in planning, planting, or sowing. Many of these people have day jobs as editors.

4. Plants should not be overcrowded. (And people need space too. Ask any city-dweller.)

5. "To see paradise in a flower..." - yes, regularly.

6. The garden will get along without you, but many a plant needs TLC to survive.

7. If you do it every week, mowing the average suburban patch of grass takes just 15 minutes, and that includes getting out the (electric) mower and putting it away.

And, for something completely different, part of the garden at West Dean

No comments: