03 April 2009

Reading matter

Books end up in heaps, because the bookshelves are full. Here's some of what I haven't yet finished (or started) reading.
Engleby by Sebastian Faulks (purchased recently at Waterstones "3 for 2")

Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell (Oxfam bookshop)

Crow Country by Mark Cocker (from the Natural History Museum bookshop)

The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken (from a charity shop in Edinburgh, ?2002)

The Benefits of Public Art by Sara Selwood (City Lit Library; probably overdue)

Somewhere towards the End by Diana Athill (Waterstones 3 for 2)

Wildwood: a Journey through Trees by Roger Deakin (after hearing excerpts on Radio4)

Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver (this has travelled to Canada and I've still not finished it)

Beechcombings: the Narratives of Trees by Richard Mabey (Nat Hist Mus bookshop)

The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale (Waterstones 3 for 2, and bits heard on the radio)

Turn Signals are the Facial Expressions of Automobiles by Donald A Norman (where did this come from, a remainder shop? published in 1992 ... )

The Secret River by Kate Grenville (a present - thanks Rita, you know I loved The Idea of Perfection!)

Sea Glass by Anita Shreve (Oxfam bookshop, hoping for long lazy days with nothing better to do -- hah!)

and the bottom line:

Love is not enough: a smart woman's guide to making (and keeping) money by Merryn Somerset Webb (the title says it all)
Also in the heap, a Pink Pig sketchbook with some of the pages painted with old dye.

3 comments:

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

What a lovely pile - I know how it is so much to do and so little time.........

I've got the Anita Shreve, Patricia Cornwell and Sebastian Faulks as audio books, so give those to charity and I shall bring the audio books for you at FOQ ;O)

That way you can sew (or peel potatoes) while someone is reading the books to you! Two birds and all that.

RHONDA said...

Oooh, what a lovely stack of reading to look forward to. And why are other people's stacks of books so much more interesting than your own stack? There's a few there that I'd love to get my hands on.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I'm beginning to stack books myself. So many good books to read and I can't seem to stop adding to my collection. Plus I've been frequenting my library more recently and bringing home armloads from there. Will I ever get through them all???!!! Probably not, but I'm working on it!vbg