29 May 2009

Open studios - Dulwich

The Dulwich Festival has been running for five years now, and this year I finally made it to the Open Studios - well, to two of the many possibilities! (Time was short, and I got the wrong train ... some days are like that.)

I was heading for Hilary Tranter's prints, but on the way stopped in at Jo Gordon's knitwear.

Hilary's prints looked fabulous - here they are in a rare moment of tranquility -
and I loved the paintbrush arrangement, next to the accumulation of Selvedge magazines -
Ulli's necklace is a zipper with embroidered ribbon either side -
Open Studios are great to visit - to see art, chat to the artists, and even to run into people you already know. Some are part of county-wide Art Weeks, others are more local.

1 comment:

BĂ©atrice de Lausanne said...

Intersting necklace. By the way, I will soon have a site. Been able to sell my necklaces on line !