27 January 2010

Ceramics week 4

First off, a review of the pieces that are mounting up in my tray - these might be relevant for the final project. Click on the photo to enlarge -During the day, a demo of painting on commercial glazed tiles with overglaze enamel - this got several of us quite excited -But for most of the day I was making staircases.

Result: three - the first of several attempts to come -

Also helpful was some input from the tutor on how a large staircase might represent "inside space" and "outside space" in a display area -And some thoughts on combining the "corners" in long lines ... or stacked up ....I tend to forget about the third dimension, about trying things in different orientations.

2 comments:

beatrice De said...

Hello Mane.
These steps are looking like the steps going up to the vignoble... grapes to make good Swiss vine.Very nice !

Bisous. BĂ©atrice of Switzerland where it is very cold !

June said...

I'm thinking of spending the spring painting staircases. Yours are most intriguing! I don't understand the process quite, so I'll keep looking.