19 July 2010

Next project

This was started about five years ago and was meant to be ready for my son's 30th birthday.

How time flies....

It currently measures 74" x 51" and hopes to get to double bed size, in a sort of quilt-as-you-go fashion. We decided to put oblong blocks of various dragon fabrics as the next round. On the back of the central area is a painted dragon, which is already quilted; around it will go some plain fabric and then oblong blocks of the "ladies", then more plain fabric. On the front, after the dragons, the subsequent round will be more of the stripey border, and then some wave-pattern fabric, which I hope to find at FOQ. It would be marvellous, nay miraculous, if the quilt was that far along, a month from now!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I hope you find the fabrics you need at FOQ. I'm going there too so maybe our paths will cross, at the CQ group breakfast maybe?

I have been thinking of making a quilt for my stepdaughter who will be 30 this year too. I've only ever made anything the size of a baby quilt so a bed size would be a big ask. Quilt as you go sounds like a good idea, saves a lot of that heaving about.