20 October 2018

Studio Saturday - out of the kiln

In between my weekend in Wales, wretched cold, and dashing off to France for a few days, I could get to the studio just once, driven by curiosity about what had come out of the kiln....
19 complete survivors, out of 29. I did the head count but didn't examine them closely - took some more photos and went home to restock on kleenex-in-pockets and get caught up with a bit of sleep.

On the left - okay; back right - complete disaster; front right - little bits of rim missing.
There was a suggestion that I could make a funerary urn for the ones that didn't work - layers of shards....

Same pots, different view -
 And some closeups, which I've been turning over in my mind, thinking of what to do more or less of (or abandon) -

 Still unfired are a couple of dozen of little pots - and this big one, which stretched and stretched ... but has an unfortunate hole where the base and pleats didn't join up. Couldn't see what was going on there... sometimes it's a stab in the dark -
 

No comments: