09 January 2008

Bed of roses

Came across these brooches I was making at this time last year. The pattern is one that evolved, based on groups of single, double, treble, double, single crochets to make the "petals", done in a spiral. Beads and cords were added in the centres, and a safety pin sewn to the back. Some of these are obviously unfinished - if anyone wants one, as seen (thread tails and all!), email me on mcooter(at)bmj(dot)com and I'll pop it in the post to you.

If you want to make one, this pattern is similar. Watch out, it's addictive!

2 comments:

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Thanks for the chance of one of your delightful flower brooches. I really enjoy the photos on your blog.

Sequana said...

I'd love one of those. Any one of them. *S*

I really like things that looking for a home and a project.