11 March 2008

Done! - but not dusted

After undoing the shoulders to shorten the body -- in the middle of the night -- I was sewing the sleeves in while at the airport - and finished a mere 5 minutes before it was time to head for the gate. Sue had to sew the buttons on.

And after all the bother getting more wool to finish the sleeves, it does rather look as they're too long after all (even though I'd already made them shorter). Something to fix on my next visit. Meanwhile, the shoulders need a firm tape sewn to the seam; that'll help somewhat with sleeve length.

1 comment:

Barbara Cheeseman said...

Hello Margaret
I'm nominating you for a special award, as a blog "which brings you inspiration and make you appreciate the blogosphere!"
Sew1knit2 nominated me and i have to list 10 more blogs and let the writers know. So you may do the same if you like, but it is a bit time-consuming!
I do like the variety of pix you have, of places, stitched work, things in museums etc, very stimulating.