24 September 2009

Magazines

There's been some progress in reducing the accumulation - several dozen magazines have been eviscerated and recycled - but there's still a long way to go, much more than this, unfortunately --As a child I never seemed to get enough to read, or enough pictures - I loved cutting out, especially paper dolls! These, and children's magazines (Jack and Jill was my favourite - gosh, it startedin 1938 and is still going) were special treats, usually when you were ill and needed something to amuse you. So, I seem to have become a hoarder of magazines....

But in this age of pictures-everywhere, and with so much else that needs doing, why hoard magazines that won't be looked at again? Why buy new ones, with just the "same old stuff"?As Mae West said, or was it Oscar Wilde, "I can resist anything but temptation."

No comments: