18 March 2011

From the book fair


Some new books came home with me -
Printing on acetate by Rosie Dodds - beautiful -
A video by Pat Hodson and collaborators -
It was lovely to hold the book while watching the video -
Roxann Maguire chose bridges as her subject because her father was involved with building them -
The title of Simon Goode's book, "The sun did shine here", came from an old postcard, and the blue skies came from similar postcards -
Pylons, by Kali Taylor-Mittmann -
For this lovely little book with its cut-outs and folding door, there is no author/maker -
Some work by my colleagues: Renee Fisher, Natalie Yiaxi, Renee again, Ya-Yuan Yang, Mi-Young Pang.
But this book went home with someone else -
The one about the Piccadilly Line, prepared for the text-encounter-time project the month before; that morning in my room I gave it a new cover, including an explanation of the 18 November 1987 and 7 July 2005 dates, and wrote the dates on the foredge (one of the criticisms was that the whiteness was out of place, so I put it into place by giving it a purpose).
I'm thrilled that someone liked it enough to buy it. It sold while I was away from the stand...

No comments: