18 August 2017

Surfacing in the studio

What, I wondered, would make my studio more welcoming? It is bright and spacious, and contains a treasure trove of mixed-media materials and an arsenal of art tools, but I'm not enjoying being in there. 

Basically this is because I'd rather be out of the house altogether, but some deadlines are almost upon us and I need to spend time in the studio.

So, for now, let's blame everything on the mottled brown lino floor ... fortunately there's a spare rug and it's now in place -
Not very practical for dropping ink on (inadvertently) or losing pins in, but it's mad the room look much more cheerful. And it's led to a bit of going-through-bags and putting-things-away, so perhaps it's a magic carpet?

Various things were found in the bags -
Silky start for a cushion cover? Early 2000s - I'd planned to embroider
four chinese characters in the centre, and free-machine the outside

Painting from a class in 2013 or so, done from a photo
I took in an unmemorable seaside town; size is A2-ish

Inky squiggles, done on the Extended Drawing course a couple of years ago
 And then there was the cardboard box full of these, packed up before the renovation - I hadn't missed them in the intervening couple of years, but each item has its memories ....
Still, none have much use so they may well be on their way to the charity shop soon.

1 comment:

irene macwilliam said...

love the inky squiggles