26 August 2019

Holiday at home

Because of the heat, and having so many nice projects to keep me busy indoors, on this gloriously sunny (and warm!) Bank Holiday Monday I stepped out only for a few moments this morning, to water the garden and trim the hedge a bit (trying to stave off, or mitigate, "box blight").

Haven't spoken to anyone all day. This is unusual.

Have walked only 3000 steps. This is very unusual, the target is 12K. However, whenever the fitbit gave that hourly buzz, I dutifully leapt up and ran on the spot till it buzzed again to tell me that 250 steps had been taken. Pat on the back. Fine.

I made a "pot" - based on a wide bias tube. It elongated itself on the sewing machine -
 ... and looks quite elegant when turned inside out -
 Ideally, this should be sewn on the serger. Next time...

In the Woodblock Department, all blocks for the "Korean dolls" print have been cut, and I was ready to start printing -
But the apples got in the way. They have been dealt with, to the accompaniment of two episodes of Beyond Belief, which along with On Your Farm (and The Life Scientific) is one of my favourite Radio 4 programmes -
Tomorrow, the prospect of printing will have me leaping out of bed at dawn. Like today -


No comments: