24 November 2006

Newest inhabitant settles in

Small quibble --











the sewing table, with its useful drawers, also holds many memories and is fine when the machine is used without its extension table. But with the extension, the machine has to sit further back and the knee lift can't swing far enough to work - and it certainly does have to travel! - the leg makes a 45degree angle to the body when operating the knee lift.
I nearly gave up on the machine immediately -it beeped every time I touched it. Fortunately it's easy to turn that off. Why does everything beep at you nowadays?

3 comments:

Joyce said...

That machine looks like a class act! What kind is it? I would like my machine (Pfaff) to beep when the bobbin is empty. An icon comes up to show that it is low but I don't always notice it. I hate findin at the end of a long seam, that I ran out of bobbin thread at the beginning.

Anne Wigfull said...

This looks like a Janome, is it the 6600? If so, how do you find the extra lighting, is it an improvment? When I bought the 6500 I said blithely that it "see me out", but I do like the idea of extra lights. My biggest gripe with my machine is that the needlethreader won't fit in the eyes of size 60 needles, the very ones I can't see to thread with any ease.....

margaret said...

Joyce, with one of my old machines, you could tell the bobbin was about to run out, just from the sound.

Anne, it's the 6600, and I haven't really noticed the lighting - it sits beside a window and so far I've only sewn in daylight hours, and used big-eyed needles.