15 May 2010

Yesterday in the studio

During the sorting of fabric scraps earlier, these large bits seemed to want to become book covers. So I did a few, noting how much time it took - could these be little saleable things to offset exhibition costs?No - they take far too long to be economic, look folksy-craftsy, and make me feel tired; perhaps these cute little notebooks will become xmas presents one day. (So - why don't I just throw away those scraps?)

Playing around with more shapes for the TravelWriting - do these look like boats? there's a distinct danger that they look more like wedges of cheese -
Hmm... what if they were made in different papers? So the search for appropriate papers was on. I've been storing papers under the workbench, in these specially-wide shelves -
A few bits went into the bin, some are repurposed as gift wrap, and now I have a lovely tidy shelf -
These papers were used under work-in-progress -- exciting marks --
The drippy ink is a cousin to the TravelWriting marks -

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

I love what you're doing, Margaret...all of it, whatever it is. Your work is very inspiring because you keep pushing the edges. Thanks!