02 September 2011

Book du jour

The Alisa Golden book fell open this morning at Flexagons, so I immediately started folding. This structure requires cutting out a square in the middle (which will make another flexagon, ad infinitum...) and also needs glue*. I'm happy to report that even with a rubbish old bit of paper, it works!

The diagram on the right of the page shows how to sequence the pages, back and front of the sheet of paper. First I need something (text?) to put on the page, and then .........

*Could you cut slots to give those pages a couple of half-pages that fold open, or rather, lift up? Yes! (Tip: cut the slit in the corner piece first.) How useful this leap forward is, is up for debate.

1 comment:

June said...

Oh dear, you are going to keep reminding me that I really really really don't need to distract myself with wonderful possibilities that will take 75 years to master and more to make good.

The Alisa Golden book is altogether too tempting. Smack my fingers -No, stay away from one-click ordering.