13 November 2018

Drawing Tuesday - Horniman Museum

The structures on the roof of this building have always intrigued me -
and as there was a convenient bench, I tackled some -


Inside the museum, the Lore of the Land exhibition is showing till June 2019, and I found it wonderful, even the sounds in the background, which were very much part of the show. They were ambiguous and amorphous enough to help concentration, I thought - so much more pleasant than having an explanatory video on a loop!

 Many intriguing objects to choose from - and those shadows! -


Just what sort of a quandry did I get myself into when choosing this splendidly loopy, deliriously spotty, clay pipe -
 It looked quite different from a sitting position than from an aerial view, and transforming one to the other was a challenge -
"Ready to give up!"
 Not quite enough time (or desire, it must be said) to finish - and it's obviously too round at the far side ... but I learned a lot -
More satisfying results from the others -
Sue
 
Najlaa

Jo

Carol

No comments: