21 November 2018

Woodblock Wednesday

Slow progress, but some weeks are like that. It would be good to have a printing session between classes, but ahead of the Open Studio this Saturday, pots get priority.
The aim was to print a double-height piece (40cm) with my 20-cm blocks, using the fuzzy edged effect on both sides of the central circles.

The clear prints of the previous week proved hard to get. I was using different "rice" paper, and after a couple of exposured to the nori and colour on the block, some of the surface of the paper stayed behind on the block. I tried taking any excess nori/colour off the block with light pressure on waste paper before doing the actual printing, but that didn't really help -
 Overprinting with a different shade of grey made it more interesting -
 And adding the circles made a big difference! -
 I wondered if the prints could be used in some combination with my pots -

No comments: