25 November 2018

Open studio and aftermath

On the way to the studio open day I took a moment to photograph the "golden garden" -
 ... and the gingko tree that produced the shower of gold ...
 ... and the leaves themselves ...
 ... and to pick up some of them to fill the empty spaces on the wall (and counteract those fuse boxes) -
Many visitors throughout the day, and good conversations -

 And a few quiter moments -

Thanks to Brenda for this photo -
Talking about the pots again and again has had the "I know what I think when I hear myself talk" effect, and the way forward is clear.

But first we have to restore the working capacity of the studio - and that means retrieving ever so many items from the kiln room, where they quietly lurked.

At home, I'll be divinding "studio time" between sewing up some new pots and making space in the home studio. All the cleaning activity at Studio 6 has got me in the mood for some "spatial revision" in my crowded rooms.

2 comments:

Sue Sharples said...

Well done Margaret - it lols like I missed a really interesting show of work there.

patty a. said...

Spatial revision - I like that! I need to do that myself! I did get a bit more done in the garage which I had started months ago! When I am off over the holidays I plan on spending some serious time in the house doing spatial revision.