14 November 2018

Woodblock Wednesday

While the blocks and paper were wrapped up and absorbing the damp, I mixed a few colours, aiming for a pleasant grey-
 The red came along, no longer needed by another student. I hate waste and love surprises, so it was a welcome addition - who knows where it might lead?

The pleasant grey went on well -
and I discovered that folded paper could positioned on the block in "interesting" ways -
 So, when printed on the other side too, a complete circle can emerge -
Full block (straight on) left, slanty positioning right
A simple combination -
 .... laid end to end - not my idea, but a whole new way of looking at things! -
Note the subtly changing colour ...

I like it. There's more to come.

2 comments:

irene macwilliam said...

just love the gray piano key looking border, lovely gray as seen on my screen. I love your explorations, a lesson to me, I know I should do more but do I do it. I am a launcher in type, am I making excuses, I know I am but do I change, it seems not...hey ho here we go, reflecting on things.

Sandy said...

Oh I like the long thin idea. Where I couldn't see where you were going, at first, it has been interesting to see how it has developed into something with a lot of potential.
And yes, the grey is very lovely.