10 December 2010

Thin green line

The line leads from Old Street Station
along the pavements
curving with the curve of the City Road
crossing the crosswalks
and mysteriously going past the entrance of Moorfields Eye Hospital.
My long-awaited appointment stretched and stretched ... to the very end of the day. So instead of leaving with a prescription for glasses that will work for me, I left with a date for another appointment. The good news is that there's nothing seriously wrong with these old eyes ... it's just that they're old eyes. The drops they put in make reading difficult for the next 4 or 5 hours, but the drops did magic things with the haloes around street lights and car lights - things that the camera won't capture - imagine dozens of twinkly tentacles around each light, with rainbows around some and further strong beams even beyond the rainbows. Magic! (But I'd rather be reading my book...)

No comments: