12 December 2010

Yet more textile printing!

Get to the workshop early and you can have a huge bit of the printing table for a while -
Brian suggested I try printing on these japanese nylon samples; I found they curl up when they come off the screen. Still working on how best to use them -
Some prints made with the latest screen, drying on the heating pipes -
And after ironing at home -
In combination with an earlier print - to conceal an area of shoddy printing -
My simple fantasy is that these fabrics are used to cover blank books with lovely thick paper inside ...

1 comment:

patty a. said...

I am going to joining the world of screen printing myself. I need some fabric with a drum kit and I cannot find any. As soon as I find the right line drawing, I am going to have a screen made and then start printing. I need to make a quilt for someone who was a drummer.