17 November 2011

Book du jour

The pages of my Sketchbook Project book are running out, and I've only got as far as "writing" the Jubilee Line - so another section has to be added. Currently the book is stapled, so I tried out sewing-to-replace-staples with the tall book on the left. When you sew through the same holes on the cover again and again, the sections crowd together at the spine and open out in clumps of pages - so I made the smaller maquette with fewer pages in a section, and more sections, to make better use of this phenomenon. 
For the Sketchbook Project I'm aiming to travel on all parts of London Underground (and possibly Overground), drawing a long line as I go. So far I've done the Bakerloo, Central, Circle, District, and Hammersmith & City lines - half of the Jubilee line and all of the Metropolitan, Northern, Piccadilly, Victoria, Waterloo & City lines, and DLR, and the Overground, are yet to be done. One a week?

No comments: