12 April 2014

Starting the painting project

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step." Don't know how far I'll be travelling with this notion of spending half an hour a day dabbing and swooshing various colours of paint here and there ... but the thing is to start, and then "que sera sera".

Out of the archive came this glued-up thing, about 12"x16" - I covered it with white (using a wide foam pad, and then a 1/2" brush to get into the cracks) and added other colours. It's as simple as that.

Various edges lifted and needed sticking down with blobs of paint. When it had dried, I sanded it a bit with coarse sandpaper, and it's ready to be transformed some more.

As for spending half an hour -- I got so caught up in "mending" the surface that an unknown amount of time passed...

1 comment:

Charlton Stitcher said...

I know just what you mean about getting so caught up in playing and experimenting that large and unknown stretches of time pass. How lucky we are to have that luxury! The playing and trying out is such fun. Good luck with your painting project. I toy with the idea of somehow introducing stitch to the painted surface ... but so far it's only in my head!