08 April 2015

An object of desire

Not my usual taste, and it would look like a sore thumb in my home, but on that blowy, chilly winter's day wandering around Brighton on the way to elsewhere, it caught my eye, full of the promise of summer perhaps.

Through the magic of Photoshop*, here's the floral part in three colourways -
With the gold base and rim, the original is definitely best!

*  Image - Adjustments - Hue/Saturation (which has a keystroke, Ctrl+U), but Curves would do it too, though I can't be 100% sure of that as I've never figured out how to use Curves, I'm more of a Levels gal...

While checking that the terms were right, I saw Inversion (keystroke, Ctrl+I) and had a go - with these results -
It seemed appropriate to also invert the photos themselves (via Image - Image Rotation - 180 degrees).

No comments: