16 June 2018

Into the studio...

... the ceramics studio! It's close to home - a 20-minute walk, door to door, and there are five or perhaps six of us in the (downstairs) space. 
Being in a studio may have hidden dangers, and there's a sign at the entrance to the yard warning of this -
Never mind, I want to give it a go, so this morning I took along a few things, paid my rent, and picked up the keys. My space is right near the door -
The all-important kiln -
 Storage space at the back of the room - and a little library! -
To settle in, I sat for a few minutes and read a magazine ...
Of course settling in and getting down to some work will take a little longer than that. Materials must be brought from home, and I also need to get clear on my plan and purpose.

It's there, waiting... looking forward ...

4 comments:

Charlton Stitcher said...

Good luck to you!

Stitchinscience said...

How exciting. Looking forward to reading about your work there.

yarngoddess@hotmail.com said...

Wonderful to have a space for such a messy craft! I love it. Will you take turns spending the night firing the kiln? I assume it's electric since it's indoors. Looks huge!
Diane

patty a. said...

Congratulations on the studio space!