25 February 2019

Parcel delivery panic warning

The message said this -

Parcelforce Worldwide
Your order from JACKSONS ART SUPPL has been despatched and will be delivered by Parcelforce Worldwide on Tuesday 26 February. If this is not convenient, please click on an alternative option below:

... and when I clicked on "local post office" I expected AT LEAST to get a message saying "this will cost you £1.50", which it has when a parcel couldn't be delivered and a card was left. Upon going to the website that time, I chose the "local post office" option and was shown that there would be a charge.

This time, clicking on the link, up came just a message, to the effect that "we'll tell you where you can pick it up". I'm on tenterhooks - will this be the PO across the street, or will it be the depot that takes 30 minutes to get to, whether on foot or on public transport? 

There was no way to say "hey, give me some more information, willya?" - it was one of those no-reply email addresses. 

So I clicked "deliver to neighbour" and sure enough, there was no way to tell them which neighbour.

Nor was there a "leave in a safe place" option. And I can't remember if there was an "instruction for delivery" box on the company's order form - with the PO, probably not.

Neither other date would find me in. No doubt I'll get the parcel someday, and there's no real rush for it, but it's just that bit annoying to have all this uncertainty, and decisions to make, and no information or way to contact anyone.

The wisest course would have been to wait to receive "the card" and go from there. Silly me to be panicked into a quick reply! There was no need to reply to the email - the PO has contingency plans.....

Hey ho, they're trying to simplify things and save operating costs. 

But in future, I'll look out for delivery options before buying from a website, and try to avoid those using Parcelforce. 

No comments: