19 February 2011

Book du jour

From idea to good-enough cover -- four not-quite-right attempts, with placement issues. (I made the cover in InDesign, four to a sheet, and was able to add little markers for cutting and folding.)

Inside is a till receipt (from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam) that, among its blizzard of numbers, has some of my credit card numbers
and my name - enough to put my identity at risk of theft, my credit card at risk of misuse? Surely not; this is a low-risk source, compared with the plethora of information about each and every one of us that (a) is readily available and (b) we don't realise is readily available.
So the title is a bit over the top ... ironic, perhaps? I'm confident enough of the safety of those XXXXXXs that this will be an edition of 20. It's looking very plain, but maybe "boring" is an appropriate response to identity-theft hysteria.

No comments: