18 December 2018

Drawing Tuesday - Tate Britain

On the way to the museum I pondered "what to draw" and remembered something that popped into my head on the verge of sleep - a vast expanse of blue covered in writing - so I decided to look for text and writing. But first, the expanse of blue - the college art shop, conveniently to hand, had various blue papers...
and around the gallery were various sorts of writing, text, and marks-that-might-be-writing -









 Getting into it ...

 Using the "research"...
Nope, they're not what I saw behind my closed eyes! I'm still working on it, attending to that little idea to see what will happen. At least it has been realised to some small extent.

Jo's horse and rider, with his fantastic handbag or would that be a saddle bag? -
 Carol's sheep from the Holman Hunt's "Strayed Sheep" -
 ... and animal heads by Henry Moore and Georg Ehrlich
 Sue's political prisoner sculpture -
 Judith's Henry Moore...
 ... and metal punchers -
Extra-curricularly, Carol has been experimenting with knitting a lacy texture and threading it with various ribbons ...

No comments: