08 December 2020

 Fortunately, when you open your cupboards in search of stacks of bowls, plates, etc, you won't be finding this sort of thing -

image.png

- though you may have seen this "waster" in the ceramics galleries of the V&A. 

Also from the V&A, from the Winter 2020 V&A magazine, is this arrangement of stacked and unstackable bits of ceramics. What a nice tidy pattern it makes!
PXL_20201130_193953589.jpg

Another thing about stacks of crockery is the small matter of "clearing the table" - do you put the cutlery on top of the stack, or leave it - precariously - with its plate?

Consider also -
Insides of dishwashers?
Mixing up colours and/or shapes? 
Going wild - 
stacks of crockery.jpg

Living dangerously -
stacks balance.jpg

[Apologies if the above images don't show, they do show in the Preview but I'm not at all certain that what the creator of the blog post sees is what makes it out into the real world!]


From Carol -  the return of the troublesome ellipses


From Judith - Quick drawings made with Procreate and pen



From Richard - I  intended to sit in the garden for this subject but it was cold and there’s hardly any sun at this time of year. Even so the shadows keep moving!


From Sue S - Here’s my stack of crocks drying after breakfast


From Ann -  a jug of cutlery


From Mags - Spent ages stacking different combinations of ' Scraffito' ( some very teetery ! ) , taking photos and then using various Photoshop filters ( particularly liked ' find edges' and ' graphic novel' ). (The final one is "inverted")
Find edges


Graphic novel


Invert

From Gillian - My ramen bowls. I treated myself to these during lockdown and I’m really enjoying them. Great for soup and pasta.


From Joyce - My first foray into mono printing, what a shaky hand! I was using acetate as a plate, very slippery.


From me - some old work - tracing (with careful observation of ellipses), from an enlarged photo, of the disposition of crockery on the draining board - it was the combination of colours that caught my eye. When I went to paint them in the sketchbook, the original composition wasn't quite working, not sure if it is now!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

All blank for me until I got to Carol. Sally