10 October 2008

A visit from the moth

Each pin represents the feeding ground for a larva. Then they turn into moths and fly off and lay eggs somewhere else, and those larvae make holes there, and so it goes on. This is a favourite top, thin boiled wool, wearable again now that I can bear high necks once more -- but in the meantime ........

..... a design opportunity! This label, Ischiko, has lovely fabrics and quirky styles (I used to find bits in the sales). So, this piece is getting enhanced by little nobbles of darning wool, randomly sprinkled - or rather not so randomly, but who'd know they were covering multitudes of sins?

1 comment:

Diane Cransac said...

before I moved to France I had a shop in Seattle...what did I do? I sat for hours and made those little holes go away. If you love it much, there might be someone near you who also does that job, although truthfully, they did seem to have a feast with that one!