17 July 2019

Woodblock Wednesday - small but tricky

The new blocks have become a bit of an obsession. I think this will work - eventually - but it's had a tough old time so far -
Hindsight is a fine thing - I should have been able to tell from the orientation of the blocks that trouble lies ahead;  the circles should be on a level, for a start -
My idea is to fold the paper so that when it's held up to the light, the other print appears because of the light shining through -
Quite apart from the mis-registration, the pair of circles weren't lining up no matter how much I turned one or the other ... or both. I got lost in the turns and totally confused, not to mention frustrated.

Next step - recut one of the blocks, carefully re-orienting it ... or so I thought ... but I forgot to flip the paper before tracing it onto the wood! Duh!
Never mind, print it anyway, learn something else - how to line up the prints with a floating kento, how big to cut the paper, how much space to leave in between.... yet to be resolved ...

Next day. New blocks. Third time lucky, maybe?

 First attempt to print the third set - YES the circles line up!

 A summary of progress so far -

Meanwhile Veronica has been having great success with her revisions to the lily blocks, and with doing the palest colour as bokashi. She still has several layers to add to these -

No comments: