06 December 2008

Not much quilting getting done

While I'm ensconced here in peaceful Pitt Meadows, other tasks are taking priority - such as going through the photos I've put on my dad's computer in the past few years, taking off the boring old ones -- and finding a few that are calling out to be posted on the blog. They are leading to all sorts of internet explorations - ah, the joys of serendipity!
The sewing machine is set up on the dining table -- probably the darkest part of the house, which is perhaps one of the reasons I haven't been using it all that much. The cover was made from half a metre of prequilted fabric, and the little catch-all used up every last scrap (that's why it's so small).

There's some handstitching on the go, for car journeys etc - stitched shibori, experimenting with length and direction of stitch. I'll pull up the threads, paint it, and use it for covering little handmade books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret-Thank you for your information on the landscape work of Klimt-I didn't know about that. Also, I enjoyed your earlier posting regarding some of the work at The V & A Museum as well as the photo of The British Museum.. I am a big fan of the Arts and Crafts Movement and I understand that The V & A has a good textile collection from that period/genre. Thank you again for the photos-makes me feel like I am there:)

Margaret Cooter said...

Hi Libby, hope you'll be able to get to the V&A sometime and see the collection. The textile rooms are looking a little dusty, compared to the renovations in some of the major galleries, but what treasures! There's a study collection in "frames" - racks of wood and glass panels holding embroideries from all places and times that can be moved onto a desk for closer study and/or drawing. Pulling one out of the rack at random can lead to surprising discoveries...