04 November 2009

"Love book", page 2

As November is Art Every Day Month (what, you didn't know?? it's not too late, start now!) and as there is talk of a "book journey" challenge-type-thing on AQL, I'm doing a "love book" - cataloguing some of the everyday objects I love.

Page 1 was my yellow cups - rather a lame drawing and not colourful, not even drawn with a yellow crayon!

This morning while waiting for the kettle to boil I drew these favourite tumblers, and then found all the red scraps in a magazine that was conveniently to hand in the recycling bin -Annabel is spurring me on. She's in the midst of making numerous books. But I'm not competitive, oh no ... not at the moment ...

Looking at this at one remove (in a photo rather than "in real"), I think it needs a smooth coating of ... something ... to integrate all those bits of paper and make the surface resemble the surface of the glass object.

No idea what I'll add tomorrow - it'll be a surprise.

1 comment:

The WestCountryBuddha said...

I've started my love book too! By virtue of glueing a lot of pages together, cutting a hole in them, and putting a locket in the hole, I've nearly filled half of it already. It might need to be volume 1!