09 March 2010

Core studies week 10

Today's briefing was about the criteria for assessment - what was needed for a pass grade, and what was needed for a merit or distinction -
Thoroughly depressed, I headed at lunchtime to the electrical shop on Fleet Street
to look at lighting possibilities - I need two bright clip-ons to throw shadows into corners -
Returning to class late, I found a stuffathon in progress - the invitations to the show -
After discussion, my Supporting Statement needed revision -
and there was time to do a bit of charcoal drawing - satisfyingly messy - of how I hoped the shadows in the corners would look -
A bit more charcoal drawing, this time folded up tidily inside the tracing-paper cubes that won't now be used in the installation -
and to fill the time, this rather half-hearted effort, given a bit of life by some vigorous lines made with the blackened edges of the eraser -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few years and have followed your journey through art school. I don't know why you should feel depressed. In my opinion you meet the criteria for a merit or distinction. Buck up, girl. You have that final submission to finish.
Joanne
Canada

Margaret Cooter said...

'Twas a fleeting bit of depression, Joanne - burnt off by "just doing it", and the prospect of ceramics class the next day!