16 February 2016

Seeing spots

The mugs we use most often are the spotty one. They keep each other company on the draining board before lining up on their hooks, ready for the next use. And they give me pleasure, grouped together ... so I took a photo.

You will have seen immediately that the drainer has spots too - but that's something that until now didn't register with me, in conjunction with the spottiness of the cups and the pleasure of seeing them there. My perception has become habituated to those spots in the drainer - it ignores them as I set down the dishes.  But seeing "a picture of the drainer", rather than the real object, gives a chance to rediscover the spots.

Another "interesting" thing about that old drainer is that, with the exception of the wooden spoon, it's the only non-shiny thing in sight!

No comments: