10 August 2019

Studio Saturday - and a deficit of steps

This week I've brought my pot of coffee into the studio and sat myself down at about 7am.
Sometimes I drew, sometimes I merely looked at instagram (=research, yes?), sometimes I did a bit of mending or sewing, whatever it took to settle in to the day.
"Genghis" will be a companion for "Gung Ho"
 Sometimes I moved things around and took a photo....
 ... sometimes I looked at the sky, or the pigeons in the elderberry tree ...
 ... and once or twice I've found myself tidying away this 'n' that.

All this sitting means not much walking - not meeting the 10K steps target for the day. An evening walk around the block takes about half an hour and is about 3K steps (every little helps). Tonight, after the windstorm, I was pleased to find some new-to-me leaves and seeds that had blown off from street trees -

It was rather disturbing, though, to see this huge branch lying near the recycling bins -
 
 Evidence of its origin -
confirmed by seeing half a tree, with a fresh scar on the trunk -

Its cousin round the corner is still completely intact -

1 comment:

patty a. said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day. Sometimes we need to just take the time to relax and tinker around. I had to drive home in a wind/rainstorm last week and it was scary since I drive on back roads with trees that grow right next to the roads.