03 August 2019

Studio Saturday - stirrings in both studios

Making a dedicated space to keep all my woodblock printing materials together was a good use of two hours -
 Meanwhile my drawings from the summer school were relaxing back into some degree of flatness after being rolled up. I looked at them again during the week and haven't thrown any out just yet....
 Meanwhile the final stages of this print were happening -
 ... and here's an indication of "how the light gets in" ...
 Sometimes the sky is wonderful. I do love a wide open sky -
 Having the table under the window clear has encouraged me to visit the studio every morning, to sit in the chair and ...breathe... and look around and pick up a pencil, eg to do some tracing -
 Somehow I tricked myself into clearing off most of the workbench. What bliss to have so much clear space! (Yes, I say this every time it happens....)
 And how good it was to go to the studio on Friday, if only to leave the pots that are ready for dipping. Sometimes other things need sorting, and you don't get around to what you intended.
It's made me want to stitch, though.

No comments: