03 November 2020

Drawing Tuesday ... hats

 What a variety of shapes and materials is up for grabs, from the practical to the fanciful, from those 1890s feather fantasies to today's ubiquitous baseball caps. From costly crowns to those knotted seaside handkerchiefs. 


From Carol - Hats belonging to Grandpa and little Isaac. I struggled with this one a bit as think I used a background too dark but decided to be a bit more fluid and less detailed. 



From Joyce - Here are my two winter hats, sketched with brush pens.



From Hazel - My knitted hat was drawn with dip pen, brush and ink.



From Ann - My husband's hat in watercolour and  just couldn't resist recreating  this portrait of Dorothea K by Holbein younger 1516. The hat headdress and masklike scarf were too tempting as so present day!




From Richard -  watercolour over pencilled bones and resisted the temptation to crisp up with ink or caran d'ache. 

I see the two-hats image - one on a Pilates ‘mini-ball’ - looks like a still from ‘The Snowman’.




From Sue S -  Here’s my sketch of a pretty bonnet shown @ the Sewing Exhibition @ 2 Temple Place Feb. this year. Drawn in Brushpen & soluble caran d’ache. Loved the embroidered pattern!



From Judith - Playing with Procreate again. Good time to remember ‘pussy hats’. Also William Wegman dogs.




From Mags - Watercolour of my  fleece winter hat , got lost amongst the stripes . 



From Gillian - My woolly hat drawn with a 2B pencil.



From Sue B - one of my straw hats…using hb, 2b, 4b, 8b pencils



From Janet B - Here’s one I did earlier, nearly fifty years earlier. It says on the back “main study” so I think it must have been an exam piece c.1972.



From Jackie -  a late arrival … famous tea party,(minus Alice…couldnt wait for her to arrive….) Pen and neocolour crayons..


From me - the teeniest sketch of the hat Freya and I found in the local charity shop. Often she doesn't like things on her head, but she enjoys wearing this beige "bear" hat - 




No comments: