24 December 2009

Felted soaps

This year the "making Christmas presents" frenzy didn't hit me ... until I saw this blog post on making felt wrappers around soaps.

Felted soap - how surreal is that - it comes with its own washcloth...

I had the ingredients to hand - soaps of various sizes and wool roving of many colours - and quickly got to work.

In the bag of felting materials was a piece of plastic screen from a box of fruit - this was useful for rubbing the felt. A plastic scouring pad would be good too.
A happy hour later - the results. (And the room smells very ... soapy - next time I'll use the unscented stuff.) The first one came out best - because I was being most careful??
Presumably when the soap is all used up you can slit the felt and end up with a tiny bag - useful for storing items of jewellery, perhaps ...

1 comment:

beatrice De said...

It look like precious stones !BĂ©atrice.