01 December 2009

More worksheets

This bare worksheet shows the final "casting" project - which was instructive, but at the moment I can't see using the process -A more interesting worksheet shows development of my "house on stilts" - some of my thinking/notes were on scraps of paper and in other sketchbooks, so those are collaged (ie, pasted!) on. "We want to be able to see your thinking at a glance," they say; "don't use a lot of writing" -- but they also say "make it your own" and for me that IS a lot of writing!
This "research" worksheet is about doors - I love the quote from Sean Scully, "A door is a place before another place" - it fits so well with the idea of thresholds and liminality -
Of course a door implies a room or some sort of enclosed space. Though you do see doors in the middle of nowhere, sometimes.

No comments: