22 August 2018

Zen circles

What a nice shape the circle is. Drawing a perfect circle was quite a show-off feat in medieval/renaissance times -- but that's not what I'm doing here. I'm focusing on making each one, and making many, attentively, with various media and tools - and with both hands.
Right hand on the right; left hand on the left.
A random selection of pencils and pens

Dilute india ink (it had solidified in the bottle and I added water in
a failed attempt to revive it) with
a mop brush, chinese brush, and glass dip pen

Full-strength japanese ink, with chinese brush, different dip pen,
and rigger brush
 The rigger is tricky for circles -

1 comment:

irene macwilliam said...

you left handed work amazes me. Funny how my left hand is adept at some tasks but drawing a shape .... very inexpert