17 October 2018

Woodblock Wednesday - week 3

Week 3 of the current course. Up at the crack of dawn - again - to do a bit of cutting, in hopes of printing this week.

at the start

I love the "nibbles" ... the reminded me of something drawn in a museum...

November 2015 - barkcloth from Vanuatu at the British Museum
 I decided to leave that for a while, and to print the "moons" that I'd started in the summer...
Aiming for grey and getting blue-grey, brown-grey, grey-brown....

It's not printing very strongly...

... at all ...

Using Carol's large baren, and more pressure, makes a bit difference!

9 prints with 2 blocks and 4 colours mixed in various ways
 Closer, sharper -

Carol brought in a very diverting book - it's a model-book, a cabinet of curiosities (clicking on the photos should enlarge them):









1 comment:

patty a. said...

I like your nibbles very much! The moons are beautiful! What kind of wood do you use to carve?