01 June 2019

Studio Saturday

A couple of volumes from this 1990s series has come my way and reading them reminds me of how much I don't know about working with clay. I'm compiling a list of words to look up but am a bit embarrassed about sharing it with anyone...
This next one is from the studio's little library - I sat quietly at my table and read, remembering what Dorothy Caldwell said in her class at Festival of Quilts in 2008 - "sometimes you just want to sit in your studio and read something" ...
Ah the joy of pinch pots -
Mere months after the class with Dorothy, in my introduction to ceramics during the foundation course, I made a variety of pinch pots ... and would like to do so again ...

Meanwhile a visit to CCA to look at the beautiful, desirable crafts being produced by the top makers.  More ideas. Do these strung-together pots  look rather like lampshades? -
These lines are part of a porcelain-and-resin piece by Fenella Elmes -


And on the way home from the second day of the marbling course, more #walktosee drawing, when a little sitdown was needed -

Looking forward ...
... walking on ...

... looking back


No comments: