10 January 2020

Step by step

Fitbit tells me I've walked 8,851 km since late March 2017. I've aimed for 10k steps a day but have reached 30k once or twice, and only 4k a "few" times.

It's hard to get out for an adequate walk when you're in a creative streak and sat at a workbench or computer for long stretches, rather than making excuses to get out of the house and do something "interesting". I still haven't figured out whether it makes more sense to get out for a walk first thing, perhaps with the excuse of having a coffee in Muswell Hill (45 mins each way), or to have a break mid-day, with the risk of not getting back to "work".

Probably best is to set that all-important finishing time and then walk to a distant grocery store to pick up something for dinner - that finishing time would help with maintaining focus throughout the day (I do tend to get distracted...). Ah well, when the days get longer....

And the days seem, three weeks after the winter solstice, to be getting a little longer - today at 5pm the mostly-clear sky still had noticeable brightness.

1 comment:

patty a. said...

Congratulations! I have one of the original fitbits and my unit died. I had a replacement so I am not sure if it picked up where the other had left off. I need to get back into walking. I have a job where I sit at a computer all day - not good. My nephew's band will be starting to play shows so I need to build some stamina for the long days of working the merchandise booth and helping carry equipment. I just need to make myself a priority.