30 November 2021

Drawing Tuesday - Pangolin Gallery and/or bottles

 The Pangolin Gallery welcomed us, and even offered chairs!


From Joycehere’s my sketch of “Pair of sitting figures 1” done in pencil. Interesting exhibition, I didn’t know much about Lynn Chadwick before but liked the variety of forms, some inspired by the Kennedys and Marilyn Monroe. When you se then close up the textures are wonderful



I went outside after lunch and saw my second sketch gleaming in the sunshine showing off the gorgeous patina.


From Sue - Here are my 2 sketches of Lynn Chadwick pieces @ Pangolin Gallery. Some sketchworthy work & welcoming staff!!


‘Pyramid 3’ 1965

‘Bullfrog’ 1951


From Janet K - Lyn Chadwick.  The Stranger.  1954 bronze.



From Judith - Lyn Chadwick        Beast, Beast V11 and Bullfrog




From Jo I have finally caught up with the 'bottles'. These are stoneware ones in wax crayon and brush pens:


From me - At home, I drew (and then traced, with subtle repositionings) a setup with six bottles, thinking to use the tracing fora monoprinting.
But there was far too much going on. Instead I redrew combinations of bottles straight onto the back of paper laid on an inked sheet of plexiglass ... and after a while I started writing notes on the back, so that the writing came out backwards on the front, and that led to writing backwards on the back, so it was legible on the front -


No comments: