04 June 2010

Last-minute-itis

The long-awaited and worked towards Private View starts at 6pm; it's 16.42 as I write. The show is set up, my price list is printing. It takes 20 mins to get to the gallery, and about 10 mins to put my glad rags (and fancy shoes) on. I've been up since 5 doing all those last-minute things they warn you about - yup, the bits you'd conveniently forgotten needed doing....

No time to download photos, but it was looking good when I put up the last of the Sky Boats in the window at about 12.30. (Boy did each to them take an age ... and how fiddly ... not such a good idea!) All afternoon I've been sewing A4-size quilties to 30x40 watercolour paper, and putting them in sleeves...

It's a lovely, sunny evening - all systems go!


5 comments:

Sandy said...

Best of luck to you! I hope to get in and have a look soon!
I am sure it is fabulous!
Sandy

Sandra Wyman said...

Good luck - hope it goes well. The bits you've shown certainly look good. Wish I could be there to see it!

Olga Norris said...

Margaret, I hope that all went well after the tremendous work you put in, and that you are still buzzin'.

Sue said...

All the best for your show, Margaret. Wish I was nearer so that I could visit.

June said...

And how did it go? It's now June 7. We want a report. And photos! Your fans demand a frenzy of feeding:-)

Hope you had such a good time you are still recovering.